Northern Ontario Francophone Immigration Support Network creates links between organizations from all regions of Northern Ontario, such as: Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Sault-Ste-Marie and Thunder Bay, to put in place a system to facilitate the reception and integration of newcomers.
The northern network follows the objectives of the strategic plan developed by the Steering Committee:
- Increase the number of French-speaking immigrants as to increase the demographic weight of the francophone communities in a minority situation.
- Improve the capacity of French-speaking communities in a minority situation and strengthen welcoming and settlement
structures for French-speaking newcomers.
- Ensure the economic integration of French-speaking immigrants within Canadian society and francophone communities in minority situations in particular.
- Ensure the social and cultural integration of French-speaking immigrants within Canadian society and francophone communities in minority situations.
- Foster regionalization of francophone immigration outside of Toronto, Montréal and Vancouver.